Tuesday, 4th June 2019
IACS – Industry Technical Meeting – International Group participation
The International Group participated at the IACS/Industry Technical Meeting held at the IACS offices in London on 3 June 2019. OCIMF, ICS, IUMI, Intercargo and BIMCO were amongst the other attendees.
The meeting addressed various issues including:
- producing new guidelines for safely handling Anchoring Equipment
- Cyber Security standards for vessels and the need to involve all stakeholders whilst respecting the guidelines already issued by other bodies
- guidelines for the safe and accurate sampling of bunkers and how this will operate in practice with multiple bunker tanks on board many vessels following IMO 2020
- Ship design on new vessels’ bunker tanks going forward given the likely necessity for multiple bunker tanks and fuels
- reporting on GHG emissions data to IMO and then using IACS expertise to help the IMO identify future technologies and implementation plans for those technologies to reduce emissions whilst taking into account safety issues.
18 Jun 2020
The carriage of Seed Cake cargoes continues to cause confusion and the potential for mis-declaration remains high - with the consequent risk of fire on board container ships. Seed Cake is the term used for pulp, cake, pellets, expellers or other cargo where oil has been removed from oil-bearing seeds, cereals or commodities with similar properties, including all such types of seed meal. It is principally used as an ingredient in animal feeds.
22 May 2020
International Group clubs respond to the US Government sanctions guidance for maritime and related industries.
On 14 May 2020 the US issued a Global Maritime Advisory (“Guidance”) aimed at a range of industry sectors including marine insurers such as P&I clubs, shipowners and charterers.